Banana maybe your favorite fruit but unfortunately you cannot make banana juice. This fruit is rich in potassium so when you pour banana into the juicer, you will end up with a clogged juicer. Or if you try to make juice, you won’t have a nice drinking time.
When you search on Google, you will find a few banana juice recipes. These are actually banana smoothie recipes, and banana makes smoothies tastier as it is naturally sweet. However, we researched a lot about ‘how to make banana juice’ and we were amused as we finally got to know that it is possible to make banana juice.
There are two ways to make juice from banana and it will take almost 4 to 5 hours. The secret ingredient to extract liquid from banana is amylase. Amylase is a natural enzyme that is capable of breaking down starch into sugar and sugar to glucose, and by this, the banana juice will make.
How to Make Banana Juice
Compared to traditional juicing methods, this will take a bit more time. And this process is not easy. If you are impatient, then this banana juice is not for you. However, the following are two methods to make banana juice. Read on the following guide …
- To make banana juice, you will need 2 kilos banana. From this, you will get 1-liter juice. Peel off the banana and make the puree.
- Choose a plastic bag and make sure there is no air inside the bag. And place the puree into this plastic bag.
- Now put the plastic bag into a water pot and leave the bag for at least 5 hours at 150 Degrees F temperature. By this time, the amylase starts working and breaks down the starch into sugar.
- After these 5 hours, strain the juice and enjoy it!
This method is a little harder but this will provide a pure banana juice after all.
Compared to method one, method two is simple and this will also save time.
- Take some frozen bananas and add them in a bowl, and cover the bowl by using a plastic wrap.
- Place the bowl in the microwave and let it sit for a few minutes.
- Take a mesh strainer and pour the melted banana into the strainer and let it sit.
- Once the whole liquid comes out from the banana, let it cool properly.
- You can mix the juice with other recipes or drink it.
If you want to drink banana juice, try these two ways. But these two methods will take a bit more time than the traditional juicing methods.
But people who don’t want to go through these tedious ways or spend much time in the kitchen, for them, banana juice is not an ideal option. In the next section, we’re going to share some smoothie recipes that will include bananas. Continue reading…
Banana Smoothie Recipes
Making banana juice is a tough task but making a banana smoothie is very simple. These recipes will save your time, as well as, provide you a fresh drink. Check out these simple banana smoothie recipes –
Banana Coffee Smoothie
We know many people out there love to drink coffee and when you add banana to your coffee, it is seriously hard to go. Coffee lovers will enjoy this morning smoothie very much for sure.
- 4 tbsp instant coffee
- 2 large frozen banana (cut into pieces)
- 1 cup vanilla or plain yogurt
- 1 cup milk
- Sugar to taste
- Add all the ingredients to the blender and run the blender until you get the consistency you want.
- Enjoy this wonderful drink!
Easy banana smoothie recipe
You must be looking for an easy banana recipe and this is for you. Within 5 minutes you can enjoy this amazing banana smoothie.
- 1 chopped banana
- 1/2 peeled orange
- 1/4 cup milk or water
- 1/3 cup greek yogurt
- Honey to taste
- First, add the banana and orange to the juicer/ blender and puree them.
- Now add milk/water or yogurt and honey and run the blender until you get a creamy smoothie.
Banana Strawberry Smoothie
If you want to drink a fresh creamy, sweet and healthy smoothie, try this banana strawberry smoothie recipe.
- 1 large chopped frozen banana
- 2 cups of fresh strawberries cut into halved
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup greek yogurt
- Add all the items to the blender and run the blender at a high-speed.
- Once the smoothie will turn into a creamy smoothie, pour the smoothie in a glass and drink immediately.
It takes little to no time to make smoothies at home, and these are very beneficial to your health, as well as, these smoothies will give you a fresh feel.
Health Benefits of Banana
- Banana contains fiber and fiber is the best to help reduce digestive issues. One medium-sized banana contains 3gm fiber that is great for our health. If you are suffering from digestive issues, eat the whole banana or banana juice.
- Since bananas are rich in potassium so it is good for your heart health, especially, for blood pressure. And potassium reduces the risk of a heart attack.
- Anti-oxidants and magnesium protect the skin, also, helps your body make collagen. To improve your skin, eat bananas every day.
- If you feel tired always you should eat a banana or drink banana juice. Banana is an energy booster fruit and you will not feel fatigued.
- Bananas help to reduce weight, also, bananas are good for kidney health.
Banana provides many health benefits since this soft fruit contains various vitamins and other nutritions. These nutrients help to lead us to a healthy life.
Bananas are rich in potassium as we mentioned above, so this doesn’t contain juice. But technically it is possible to make juice and this is a time-consuming method. The majority of the people around the world love to eat bananas and you can’t ignore the health benefits of this fruit. You should add banana to your diet list or make a banana smoothie recipe.
You may also want to read >> Juice Cleanse Benefits – All You Need to Know an Ultimate Guide